Saturday, December 1, 2012

The CG Society Challenge XXVII: Ten part 1

So I recently decided to enter the CG Society's Challenge XXVII: Ten (Ends January 11, 2012. http://challenge.cgsociety.org/ten ).

For my piece, I decided to do something a little different and go with a digital painting in Photoshop. I have always wanted to improve my texturing skills and why not try and have fun doing it.

Sketch:

The original idea was to show ten warriors and have each one showing gestures representing numbers. But I took it a step further and researched the various designs of warriors throughout history. So during my research I wanted to interpret the warriors in my own style. And that's when I decided to draw the ten warriors of history.

Work in Progress :


I started doing it in black and white on the first three figures. Six more to go....

More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment